One of probably the most troublesome workout routines for a enterprise is to determine learn how to scale whereas staying true to its roots.
For Tiff’s Treats—a made-to-order cookie delivery service primarily based in Austin, Texas—the reply to enlargement was easy: When it involves rising a enterprise, focus on your loyal buyer base and create unimaginable buyer experiences.
We just lately met with Rachael Romeo, Email Marketing Manager at Tiff’s Treats, and Rachel Cowlishaw, Associate Director of Client Strategy at Movable Ink, to seek out out Tiff’s Treats’ recipe to candy success.
Keep studying to study extra about Rachael’s function at Tiff’s Treats, and watch our on-demand webinar for much more insights.
An Interview With Rachael Romeo From Tiff’s Treats
Tell us somewhat bit about Tiff’s Treats!
Tiff’s Treats is known for bringing sizzling, fresh-out-the-oven cookies and brownies to hungry deal with lovers. We’ve at all times tried to maintain our menu small, our dough contemporary and ensure we by no means run out of our clients’ favourite flavors.
While we’ve grown to 59 shops and over 1,000 staff, and now serve the larger Texas space, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte, our core mission continues to be the identical: bake superb cookies and ship them heat and contemporary.
Tiff’s Treats went from a college-campus kitchen to 59 shops! That’s superb. To what do you attribute this progress?
A large driving issue for our progress was know-how—particularly, the event of our app. Now, we’re in a position to present clients with a sooner, extra user-friendly ordering expertise.
You can really monitor the supply of your cookies proper as much as your door. It’s enjoyable to observe the development of your cookie supply!
Our app customers have really develop into a few of our most energetic clients, which actually speaks to the efficacy of the choice to show to know-how to develop. At this time, over 25% of our orders come via our app.
How do you leverage the information you seize within the Tiff’s Treats app?
Not solely does our app allow comfort, but it surely additionally facilitates our retention of an unimaginable quantity of buyer behavioral knowledge: Customers log in with our app and order cookies.
From these interactions, we gather data on their identify, location, and order preferences. In the occasion that they supply suggestions on their supply and app expertise, we now have one other bulk of suggestions and knowledge to investigate.
With this knowledge, we will present one of the best help to every buyer, enhancing particular person experiences. It’s a pathway to personalization that we’d constructed into our enterprise mannequin and helps us to retain that native and high-touch bakery really feel.
What had been your main advertising and marketing challenges prior to creating the change?
Before we put any methods in place to completely arrange and operationalize our knowledge, our crew needed to manually section our buyer teams primarily based on our restricted database: by location and buy.
There had been a number of points with making an attempt to construct buyer segments utilizing this methodology:
- Manual segmentation will get exponentially harder as an organization scales. Profiling ten clients is sort of totally different from profiling 10,000 clients!
- Customer knowledge (location, preferences, and so forth.) can change on a dime. Manual segmentation is not an agile course of, so we might consistently be rebuilding these segments and shuffling buyer traits.
- Customer knowledge was solely accessible by IT. We would at all times should trouble our IT crew for knowledge requests and up-to-date buyer data. At some level, these requests received annoying (for each events)!
As we scaled, it was unimaginable to proceed advertising and marketing with guide segmentation. We shortly acknowledged that the limitation was in our tech stack. No matter how a lot knowledge we collected, we couldn’t successfully operationalize it with our earlier ESP.
Once you recognized the boundaries of your MarTech stack, what was the next move?
We knew that we wanted to discover a answer that might assist us purchase, arrange and operationalize our buyer knowledge, so we did some analysis. Soon, we got here to the conclusion that, by including Iterable and Movable Ink to our tech stack, we might clear up all of our knowledge acquisition and enablement points.
Before partnering with Iterable and Movable Ink, our catered messaging capabilities had been restricted to “Happy Birthday” messages and geo-targeted emails. Now, we will automate our database’s seek for key phrases and phrases.
For instance, if we all know that anyone stated “Happy Birthday” of their present message, we will goal them with an email so as to add birthday-themed packaging. That’s an add-on that we wouldn’t have really helpful with out the know-how to focus on and typify.
With our new platform, we now have an entire buyer journey.
How have Iterable and Movable Ink helped Tiff’s Treats on your journey to personalize?
It’s simpler to record out these new capabilities! So right here we go:
1. Since implementing push notifications with Iterable final yr, we nonetheless needed to drive extra clients to obtain our app. So we added in an email to our welcome workflow that described the app obtain course of. It went from “Welcome to Tiff’s Treats” to “Welcome, let’s make your ordering easier with this app.”
And these emails are despatched with precision. For occasion, when the email is opened up on the iPhone, the Apple Store button is displayed. With an Android, the Google Play retailer. And if a tool isn’t recognized, each buttons are despatched. It makes our lives and our clients’ lives a lot simpler.
2. We used to leverage buy knowledge to personalize the hero picture in our email. But with restricted performance, the hero picture could be an image of the final cookie bought. At the floor, this sounds wonderful. An common software of personalization and imagery. But with gift-buying and different idiosyncrasies so as, the picture wasn’t at all times customer-optimized.
Now, we will use Movable Ink to ballot our clients about their favourite flavors. We feed this data again into Iterable and have that taste within the subsequent message.
3. We can now gamify our presents and coupons over email, driving pleasure and larger engagement. For occasion, we’ve just lately used a “scratch-off” email to disclose new flavors and presents. The recreation permits us to tease the potential of a deep low cost, and it’s pushed plenty of exercise.
Since partnering with Iterable and Movable Ink, we’ve seen:
- A 142% total enhance in clicks on campaigns that use Movable Ink vs. ones that don’t
- A 164% enhance in redemptions in our July cyber-week alone
- A 184% enhance in redemptions on coupons total
Do you’ve got any recommendation for different entrepreneurs?
Of course! For each marketer, it’s vital to keep in mind that:
- Data is nice, but it surely’s nugatory if it isn’t accessible or actionable.
- Having the suitable MarTech stack is crucial for progress.
- Invest in personalization to construct relationships together with your clients.
- Personalization is the distinction between buyer retention and buyer churn!
To study extra about Rachael Romeo and Tiff’s Treat’s advertising and marketing and personalization methods, watch our webinar on-demand.
Ready to begin organizing, automating, and operationalizing your buyer knowledge? Learn how partnering with Iterable and Movable Ink can assist allow world-class engagement.