Want free holiday email templates for your marketing campaigns? We’ve got you covered. Our Twilio SendGrid designers put together 8 exclusive downloadable templates you can use for everything, from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas.
Plus, each holiday email template is fully responsive across desktop, mobile, and tablets. That means wherever your customers are, your messaging will look great—which is even more crucial during the revenue-driving holiday season.
And the free part isn’t a gimmick, either. Whether or not you’re a SendGrid customer, you can download and use these templates at no charge. We’ll just ask for your email address, then send you the HTML code. You just copy/paste it into your email editor of choice (we recommend our editor, of course), and voilà—you’re ready to start personalizing it to your brand.
Below, we’ll walk you through each of the holiday email templates and how to use them. But first, let’s quickly cover what makes these templates special.
What makes our holiday email templates special?
While we like to think of ourselves as humble folks, we’ve got to toot our horn over these email templates. With so much going for them, it makes them a hot commodity:
- Unique: These email designs aren’t your everyday, run-of-the-mill templates. The best-of-the-best designers here at SendGrid designed them.
- Responsive: Your email text, images, and call-to-action (CTA) buttons will look great, regardless of your customer’s device.
- HTML: You can download and use our HTML in any email editor that allows you to build with code. Hint: SendGrid’s email designer lets you build emails with code, drag-and-drop editors, or a combination. Design your way.
- Simple: Our email templates don’t have any eye sores or fluff—it’s just a clean, uncluttered design.
- Free: You don’t pay a thing. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Promise.
The 8 best free holiday email templates
We don’t have a holiday email template for every special day (there are a lot of holidays, you know), but our simple, responsive designs are customizable for any day of the year with a quick tweak to the colors and images. Intentionally designed, these templates make personalization fast and easy.
1. Black Friday promotional email template
Send a Black Friday promotional email that packs a punch with an email template focusing on bold images, quick copy, and white space galore. Whether desktop, tablet, or mobile users, they’ll see your headline and hero image front and center above the fold, making sure your message makes an impression.
And while Black Friday is still a few months away, you should get your campaigns in order now. Here are a few tips to prepare your program for success:
- Warm up your IPs: Increase your sending over the next few weeks to prevent triggering any alarm bells since sudden sending spikes can be a red flag to inbox service providers (ISPs).
- Clean your list: Increase your deliverability rates by removing unengaged recipients from your email list. It’s all about quality over quantity.
- Test your emails: Ensure your emails pass spam checks and render properly across devices by testing your emails in advance.
2. Thanksgiving customer reviews email template
Just because you don’t have a holiday sale doesn’t mean you can’t capitalize on the spirit of the day. Use this email template to feature customer reviews about your business or services. However, keep in mind this template works best if you have a compelling hero image that’ll capture your reader’s attention.
3. Halloween blog email template
Capture the Halloween spirit with a spooky email template. You don’t necessarily need a sale or special announcement to have something to say, either—just provide an engaging experience for your audience. Remember, always focus on providing value for your customers. So if they walk away from your email with a grin on their face, you’ve done your job.
4. Retail holiday email template
The retail holiday email template works great for promoting a special discount with a traditional newsletter element. Tailor it to your brand by showcasing your big-time deal at the top with your hero image and bold CTA button, then using the remaining real estate to feature relevant blog posts.
Want more resources to make your holiday sending a success? Check out Your 2022 Holiday Sending Packing List. It’s chock-full of tips, tools, and resources for you to blow your Q4 goals out of the water.
5. Holiday event email template
Have a special event you want to promote? Use our holiday event email template to drive awareness and sign-ups. It features a clean design with minimal text and 2 bold CTA buttons. You can drive recipients to your sign-up page or send them to a blog post where they can learn more about the event.
Want to plan a virtual event? Take a peek at our Virtual Event Planning 101 Guide. It’ll walk you through everything you need to know about a virtual event—whether internal, external, big, or small.
6. Black Friday deal email template
If pictures do your product more justice than words, use this template to put them front and center. The Black Friday deal email template uses big images with small captions for a visually stunning email.
Want to know the best options for embedding your images in an email? Read How to Embed Images in Your Emails (CID, Inline & More) to learn the 3 best ways.
7. Holiday thank you email template
Use the thank you holiday email template like a postcard with your clients to show that you care throughout all the special holidays. You can even tweak this email to become your donation acknowledgment letter if you’re a nonprofit organization or charity. Check out these 3 Ideas for Thank You Email Campaigns you can use any time of the year.
8. Seasonal newsletter promotion template
While the seasonal newsletter promotion template doesn’t feature a specific holiday, it’s tailor-made for easy customization. Swap out the headline and the image for a happy New Year theme, Cyber Monday sale, or other holiday email marketing campaign.
How to use an email template
Email templates provide a time-saving way for marketers to create beautiful responsive emails. And now that you’ve seen a few templates, let’s discuss a few tactics for how to choose the right prebuilt email template and customize it to match your brand and campaign.
First, think about your purpose. Some emails will do better with a single CTA, while others lend themselves to showcasing multiple ecommerce products. Next, think about your brand’s voice. While you can edit the fonts, colors, and design of any template, look for one that already feels like your brand from the get-go. This’ll minimize design work on your end.
Once you’ve chosen the right holiday email template, here’s how to customize it to make it yours:
- Swap in your images: Find relevant on-brand images to feature your products or business.
- Add your copy: Edit the headers, descriptions, body copy, and CTAs with your brand’s voice.
- Adjust the colors: Add your brand’s colors to the background, highlights, and text to make it feel on-brand.
Holiday template best practices
Finding and downloading a holiday template is just the beginning. Here are some other best practices to consider when using holiday email templates:
- Subject line: Nobody will see your amazing holiday email design if they don’t open it first—and that’s where crafting a compelling email subject line comes in handy.
- Start early: Plan and finish your holiday email design well in advance to ensure you’re ready to send them out at the right time.
- Segmentation: Tailor your holiday email templates to different segments of your audience based on their preferences and behaviors.
- Personalization: Use dynamic content and personalized elements to make your holiday emails feel more individualized.
- Call to action (CTA): Ensure your CTAs are clear, enticing, and holiday-themed.
- Mobile optimization: Optimize your holiday email templates for mobile devices, as a significant portion of recipients will open emails on smartphones and tablets.
- Festive design elements: Incorporate holiday-themed design elements such as snowflakes, ornaments, and seasonal colors to evoke the holiday spirit.
- Branding: While adding holiday elements, ensure your branding remains consistent to maintain a professional look and feel.
- Preview Text: Craft compelling preview text that complements your subject line and entices recipients to open the email.
Download a Twilio SendGrid holiday email template and get started
Did you find a holiday email template for your campaign? If not, we’ve got plenty more templates you can check out. Once you find a template to download, we’ll email you the HTML code.
Then, once you’ve got your code, you’re ready to build your email. So go ahead, sign up for a free SendGrid account and try our email editor. It lets you build with code, a drag-and-drop editor, or a hybrid combination. Watch the video below to see how it works.