While artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies have a long history, they have leaped to the forefront of everyone’s attention this year with the rise of generative AI tools like ChatGPT. Case in point: people’s interest in the topic of artificial intelligence on Google Search has increased 3.5X year-over-year.
With all the hype around these tools, it’s important to understand the impact they will have on your industry and the work you do day to day. AI is dramatically altering the way marketers create campaign goals, identify new audience segments, analyze customer sentiment, and optimize when, where, and how often to send messages.
The research shows that AI marketing is achieving greater results than businesses thought possible and could contribute up to $15.7 trillion to the global economy in 2023. In this post, we’re sharing the latest stats from AI marketing analysts and experts to give you a better sense of how AI can improve your team’s performance and make your work easier and more efficient.
Key AI Marketing Stats
AI is Already Part of Our Daily Lives
- 90% of marketers worldwide use AI for automation, with 88% finding it beneficial for personalization (Gitnux)
- 63% of marketers are using AI or ML software for email marketing (Capterra)
- 52% of enterprises have an enterprise-wide generative AI strategy (Forrester)
- 63% of people are unaware that they are already using AI technologies, such as personalized content suggestions (Gitnux)
Companies are Investing More in AI
- Worldwide spending on AI-centric systems is forecast to reach $156 billion in 2023, an increase of 26.9% over the amount spent in 2022 (IDC)
- Spending on AI-centric systems is expected to surpass $300 billion in 2026 (IDC)
- 40% of marketers spent less than 10% of their budgets on AI-driven campaigns, but nearly 20% of marketers spent more than 40% (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- High-performing organizations are more than 5x more likely than others to say they spend more than 20% of their digital budgets on AI (McKinsey)
- 63% of marketing leaders are planning to invest in generative AI in the next 24 months (Gartner)
- 40% of organizations will increase their investment in AI overall because of advances in generative AI (McKinsey)
Marketers are Seeing the Benefits of AI
- 95% of marketers believe that AI will improve their ability to personalize user experiences (Gitnux)
- 88% of marketers find that AI or ML software saves their company time and money (Capterra)
- 82% of marketers say content generated by AI or ML software is just as good or better than human-generated content (Capterra)
- 41% of marketers saw better performance and revenue growth with AI, and 38% noted improved individualized customer experiences (Gitnux)
- In 2023, AI in CRM-related activities is projected to boost business revenue by $1.1 trillion (Gitnux)
- 57% of marketers say it took their company less than six months to learn how to use AI or ML technology (Capterra)
Experts Predict Massive Business Growth With AI
- 98% of global business leaders agree AI foundation models will play an important role in their organization’s strategies over the next three to five years (Accenture)
- Approximately 59% of marketing experts believe that AI will have the largest impact on the marketing industry by 2025 (Gitnux)
- By 2025, organizations that use AI across the marketing function will shift 75% of their staff’s operations from production to more strategic activities (Gartner)
- Generative AI will have an average annual growth rate of 36% up to 2030, capturing 55% of the AI software market (Forrester)
- By 2025, generative AI will account for 10% of all data produced, up from less than 1% in 2021 (Gartner)
As much as 40% of all working hours will be supported or augmented by language-based AI (Accenture)
- Approximately 85% of customer interactions will be managed with AI by 2025 (Gitnux)
Cutting-Edge AI Marketing
As these statistics demonstrate, AI allows marketers to automate routine tasks, accelerate business growth, and fuel intelligence at every step of the customer journey.
Whether you’re brand new to AI technologies or interested in optimizing your AI campaigns, we have a wealth of information in our AI Hub to help you develop smarter personalization strategies and gain deeper insights with AI.
Here’s a list of some of our most popular resources:
The purpose of AI marketing is to forge stronger customer connections, and we’d love to connect with you to make that happen. Schedule a demo to chat with us about delivering more meaningful experiences with AI-powered marketing campaigns.